1. Who are we?
2. Collection of personal information
MVHS follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect more information than is necessary.
- We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified.
- We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed.
- We only share your data with employees, contractors or third parties for the purpose of processing payments, or to provide services you have requested or if required by Law.
MVHS only collects personal information necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities such as:
- Receiving offerings or other donations
- Supplying you with goods or services that you have requested
- Processing an order made through our website, or by telephone, fax or mail
- Providing you with information you have requested from us
- Providing you with information regarding an order you have placed with us
- Providing you with information about upcoming events, new products and services offered by Sri Vakratunda Vinayagar temple
- Subscriptions to newsletters or mailing lists
- Improving your online experience
3. Using and disclosing personal information
The following conditions may necessitate that MVHS disclose personal information to third parties:
- A requirement by law.
- MVHS may disclose personal information it collects to third party organisations such as contractors who assist MVHS in the operation of its business and to enable those contractors to perform functions on behalf of MVHS. For example, your personal information may be supplied to third parties to allow credit card payment authorization, marketing and promotions. Where information is disclosed to such third parties we will limit the information disclosed to that which is a minimum requirement for the purpose it is used.
Apart from the previous two conditions, MVHS will not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent. We share information with the following third parties who help us process donations, provide shop and event orders and other services to you
We use a payment gateway called Simplify to process credit card payments. Personal information including the email address, credit card details and payment amount are sent through via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption.
4. Security of personal information
All reasonable precautions are used to protect personal information that is collected and kept on MVHS web-servers. All personal and credit card information is collected via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption. MVHS does not store credit card data. Depending on the chosen method of payment, financial transactions are completed by collecting and processing card payments via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption. Our payment page is on an encrypted, secure server and payments are processed by Simplify in compliance with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) for accepting credit card payments online.
5. Email & spam
MVHS will not send you unsolicited advertising information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you.
7. What we collect and store
8. How long we retain your data
9. Who on our team has access
We restrict access to the information you provide us to as few people as possible. Currently only administrators, senior team members can access:
- Order information like what was purchased and when it was purchased, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
These people require access to this information in order to help fulfil orders, process refunds and provide support.
Trusted volunteers and management committee can access
- Such personal information (referred to in 7. What we collect and store) as is required for personal contact
10. Security and/or data breaches
In the unlikely event of an administrative security or data breach. MVHS will:
- Change all administrative passwords.
- Restore the latest website backup (these are made on a daily basis).
- Notify all customers of the breach and potential compromise of their information via email.
- Implement any other action or safeguard deemed necessary to secure customer information.
11. Contact forms
We use contact forms on this website to allow devotees and visitors to sign-up to mailing lists, respond to surveys, provide a portal to our payment gateway(s) and connect with or contact us.
MVHS will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We will only disclose your personal information to employees and contractors, as described under 2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION above.
MVHS takes all reasonable measures necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
As part of our security measures, we have implemented SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption (HTTPS) across the entire website, ensuring all data flows between the client browser and web server are encrypted.
12. Questions and complaints
If you have any questions of concerns about information gathered from the MVHS website or would like any further information, please visit our contact us page.