Sri Vakrathunda Vinayagar Temple History
Sri Vakrathunda Vinayagar temple was the first traditional Hindu temple to be established in Melbourne, 1992. Since then the temple has fulfilled the spiritual and cultural aspirations of thousands of Hindus in Victoria.
Punarutharana Maha Kubabhishegam (Restorative Consecration Ceremony) was conducted on 17-06-2007. The temple has been extensively renovated, with new shrines built, a Rajagopuram added and its internal and external decorations refurbished or enhanced.
Seperate shrines for Deities for Hanumanji and Nagam has been built in the new extension at rear of the temple. And Kumbabhishegam has been carried out on 12-09-2012 to mark and celebrate the placing of Hanumanji and Nagam in their respective peedam (alters).
New hall has been built for temple. The religious opening ceremony for the hall has taken place on April 2013. And new Thaer Velloddam (Chariot's First Run) happened on April 2013.
Below is our body of committee members who jointly oversee the activities of the temple 2017-2019
- Mr. Sivanathan ThambooPresident
- Mr. Manogaran DorayappaVice-President
- Mr. Thanabalasingam KandiahSecretary
- Mr. Markandu SivakumarAssistant Secretary
- Mr. Shanmugaratnam PillaiTreasurer
- Ms. Miruthula SuppiahEditor & Educational Affairs Secretary
- Mr. Kandiah SundaralingamCultural & Welfare Secretary
- Mr. Babu AkulaCommittee Member
- Mr. Jeeva BalasingamCommittee Member
- Mr. Kumarakuruparan SomasundaramCommittee Member
- Mr. Ashwani Kumar SachdevaCommittee Member
- Ms. Jeylexumy ThavarajakumaranCommittee Member
- Mr. Sritharan SathasivamCommittee Member
- Nithyanatha KurukkalAssistant Priest
Message from the President
Sed in lacus ut enim adipiscing aliquet. Nulla venenatis. In pede mi, aliquet sit amet, euismod in, auctor ut, ligula Aliquam dapibus tincidunt
"Sed in lacus ut enim adipiscing aliquet. Nulla venenatis. In pede mi, aliquet sit amet, euismod in,
auctor ut, ligula. Aliquam dapibus tincidunt metus. Praesent justo dolor, lobortis quis,
lobortis dignissim, pulvinar ac, lorem. Aliquam dapibus tincidunt metus. Praesent justo dolor,
lobortis quis, lobortis dignissim donec sagittis euismod purus.
pulvinar ac, lorem. "